Tuesday, 16 July 2013

My project for film cameras

I started this blog over a year ago with the idea of a project to buy and use some English made film cameras that are no older than myself. I was born in 1955 so I have 57 years worth of cameras to explore. Well my Multiple Slerosis has messed with this plan. I am now permanently in a wheelchair  and the idea whilst still burns bright the flesh is less than willing. Well I keep on adding the odd camera to the project and my latest is an Agfa Isoly made in 1960. It has arrived today and while expecting much (I only bought it to use up a roll of 120 film) I must say first impressions are disappointing. It is cheap and nasty made of plastic  and very simple controls (even I can master two settings) but I did only pay a pound for it. I had been looking at Isolette's but you are hard pushed to find one for under 20 quid so settled on the spur of the moment for this heap of 1960's junk. You can tell I  am not impressed firstly I broke my rule of only English cameras and secondly I bought it on a whim. You shouldn't turn on the laptop, log on to ebay and say oh thats finishing in ten minutes I think I will bid even if it is only a pound (the postage came to more than the camera). I know it sounds like I am moaning and I have not given the camera a chance, but I always thought the Germans made quality items, maybe this is quality  junk. I used to call on a shop that had a sign behind the counter we buy junk and sell antiques if they were still in business I could sell this camera to them. Unfortunately they closed down years ago. Well enough of my whinging  I will let you get on with your day I will let you know how I get on with my new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment